Economy, Residents, and Jobs
- Dallas Fort-Worth is home to over 19 Fortune 500 companies including Exxon Mobil, JCPenney, AT&T, Texas Instruments, and others.
- Unemployment rate in DFW is 3.2% as of 12/2016 (Source: DallasChamber.org)
- NO State income or corporate tax rate (Source: DallasChamber.org)
- In Dallas, prices are up 29% in the last 3 years, and in Fort Worth, up 23%. (Forbes Article Why Invest In Dallas May 2017)
- Half of Dallas County households are renters, 40% of Tarrant County. (Forbes Article Why Invest In Dallas May 2017)
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Statistical Area ranks...
- #3 among metros for job growth between July 2011 and July 2012 (Source: Houston Business Journal, 9/11/12)
- #4 among metro areas for future job growth (Source: KERA, 9/24/12)
- 3rd largest inland metropolitan area in the US (Source: Wikipedia)
- Population in the area grew by around 1 million since the 2000 census.
- 4th largest GMP in the US, and 10th largest GMP in the world.
- DFW is the 7th busiest airport in the world (Source: Wikipedia)
- DFW average median home value in Dallas is (https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/09/11/how-does-your-homes-price-compare-to-north-texas.html)
- #1 for best states for company headquarters (Source: SF Gate, 9/3/12)
- #1 on the list of best places to start a small business (Source: Supermedia.com, 9/11/12)
- DFW Metroplex has 7,102,796 population making it the largest metropolitan area in the South, and 4th largest in the US. (Source: Wikipedia/2015 US Census)
- Median rent price $1,675 (https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/09/11/how-does-your-homes-price-compare-to-north-texas.html)
The Importance Of Highway Infastructure Thorough Coverage
- Thousands of miles of highways
- Second largest number of freeway miles per capita in the US behind only Kansas City. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Easy to navigate Bus and light rail system
- High speed limits, HOV lanes and toll roads
- All creates ability to travel a longer distance for work in less time opening more areas to population growth and development
The Importance of Area Employment, Especially In The Suburbs
- Job centers and large employers are not only in the city
- Able to buy in newer and less developed areas off expanding highways to allow return on area growth in addition to initial equity and rent proceeds
- Newer houses often mean fewer repairs
- Of the 20 Fortune 500 Companies in DFW, over 1/3 are located in the suburbs (Source: Wikipedia)
- Metroplex home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters (Source: Wikipedia)
- DFW and its suburbs are the largest corporate headquarter concentration in the US (Source: Wikipedia)
- 5 employers alone in DFW employ almost 120,000 people (Walmart, American Airlines, Texas Health Resources, Dallas Independent School District, and Baylor Health Care System) (Source: Wikipedia)
Want to learn more? Contact us today!